Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sad day for our family!

I know that most people have "fur babies" and couldnt imagine their life without them...well, for my family we have horses as our "fur babies". And this morning one of our babies had to be put to sleep. My dad's friend that lives at his ranch found his horse, Martha, out in the field with a leg broken in two places, we called the Vets son, who was someone that had been around Martha and could handle him and he called us to say that there was nothing that could be done and he would take care of it for my dad. We all know what "take care of" means when you are talking about animals.
Martha, a boy with a girls name as the grandkids say, was a very special horse to my dad and our family. He was given to my dad from a great friend, Martha, before she passed away from cancer. So while Martha was a bit of a stink to the rest of us, he was a great horse to my dad. And my dad was very proud of him; they were amazing together. My dad was even asked to by a photographer to ride Martha so he could photograph them.
So yes, today is a sad day for our family...I truly thank my dads friends Lane and Drew for taking care of things for my dad, as this is not easy for anyone to handle...
Now off to comfort the kids as they loved all of Boppa's horses!

1 comment:

Kary said...

Just read this, girlie--so sad for you and your family--big hugs to you!!