Saturday, December 13, 2008

Keeping busy...

Kristine asked me how to keep herself busy while her husband is gone for nine weeks! He just joined the guard..I know that feeling of what you are going to do when your husband is gone! Since my husband is in the Reserve, I am blessed that he was only gone the once so far! But those five months were enough! What kept me going was lots of playdates with my kids friends, BBQ's with family and friends, and my hobby of scrapbooking! The nights were the hardest, they do get lonly but I came up with a routine that worked for me as far as what I would do once th kids were in bed. I would clean up the kitchen, do some scrapbooking, read or take a bath, call a friend to just chat and email and of couse this blog!
Keeping the kids busy was hard too! I got some great advise of taking the kids to McDonald's for a sundae and then letting them play....my kkids are totally into arts and crafts to we colored, painted and drew a ton! We went to the library more than normal, swam in the pool a bit longer, all the stuff we normally would do just a bit longer or more often. Plus, having those nights that you would just sit and watch a movie together and just relax was great too.
Hope all this helps and I hope others reading this can add to the great things you can do while the husband and dad is gone! Keep in contact Kristine! It will go by fast!

2 comments:

Laura Evangeline said...

Though I'm on the opposite side of where you're coming from, I feel the same way. Nights are difficult because that's when I'm alone. It's when I think about all the things I miss. I try to keep busy as much as possible so the time will fly by, but I just can't ever stop thinking about home.

Anonymous said...

Awww Thanks so much for your help.. This was my first wekend with out my husband he had RSP... I was very busy all weekend so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been.. But, at night it was so hard.. I try to hold bad the crying but I just couldn't.. I missed him for one night what the heck I'm I going to do when he leaves for 9 weeks... My husband went in as a offcier so he will be home more often... Well, if you come up with any more ideas for me please let me know... Hope you are doing well and it looks like you are keeping yourself busy... Thanks again for your help. Kristine